Thursday, March 16, 2006

Farewell ...

After tomorrow, my time here has come to a close.

It has ended.

This 2 weeks pass by swiftly.
Time is in a rush and hastly speed you along... Urging you ...
Gone are the familiarity I have known ...
I'm still trying to come to the terms that I won't be seeing this certain bunch of likeable people on a regular basis.

After 3 years, I've took a step into the outside world again ...
The feeling of exposing myself to a new environment, new faces, new responsibilities felt strange but yet refreshing ...
Though I welcome the change, I've told myself I gotta be brave, be strong ... Be prepared to face the challenges that lies ahead ...
I enjoy this thought that I am gonna start afresh, be more determined and disciplined. Be in control of my destiny and life ...
I cherish the chance I have now, to have a better career with a good prospect...

But for now, till tomorrow ... I felt drained and weak ...
My heart is burdened and heavy ... emotion is on a rollercoaster ride ...
I worry whether Andrew will be able to cope with his workload that I have been handling for this past 3 years ... will he be able to handle Rick and have a smooth working relationship with him ... It's not easy handling USA projects ...
I worry whether Pauline will be able to cope with her workload in addition to teaching the two new staff and guiding Andrew ... Gosh, I will miss Pauline badly ...
I knew they were stressed when I said I am going to say bye bye to them. It's not easy dealing with the emotional baggage on top of having to perform in this extremely fast pace environment and excel to people's expectation and satisfy their needs ...
But I have to make the choice ... I dealt them this cold truth ...

This morning, a colleague came and ask why I want to leave ...
She can't bear to see me going ...
At that moment, I saw glimpse of tears in her eyes.
I was crumbled. I was torn internally.

Tomorrow, I am going to say bye to them. I fear that I will break down during my farewell lunch. I really hope I won't.

Pauline, Joyce, Lilian, Joanne, Theign Yie, Mike, Mohd, Ryan, Tony, Andrew ...
I really treasure the times when we were together. They are priceless ...
Those lunches, Korea and Chiangmai holiday, mahjong, partying, endless laughers and fun in Mohd's van, shopping trips, endless brainstorming, moments when we work together for a common goal ...
Gradually, I felt the bond we have ...
Gosh, they are really memorable ...
Thanks for your honesty, your guidance, your patience. Thanks for protecting me and the sacrifice made while protecting me. My eternal gratitude to you all ...
It's this humanly factor that makes me really can't bear to be apart from you all, not having to see you guys regularly.
Once a friend, forever a friend.

Especially to you Pauline ... we went through so much together. We pulled each other up when we were really down. We brave through our personal and work problems together. We celebrated with pure joy when the problems we solved met with fruitful results. We were really happy for each other when good things comes along our way. My confidante, my buddy, my little sister.. I will miss you. Do not forget me for I definitely won't..
We won't see each other daily but our thoughts will be with each other ...

To everyone of you, please do keep in contact ... forget me not ...
I hope we will meet up for coffees and such ...

I will cherish those memories and lock them in my heart forever.

My heartful thanks and gratitude for giving me this 3 wonderful years.

无印良品 - 珍重

谁能够划船不用桨
谁能够扬帆没有风向
谁能够离开好朋友
没有感伤

我可以划船不用浆
我可以扬帆没有风向
但是朋友啊
远去
我却不能不感伤

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder u cried while writing this blog..my eyes is waterly even reading it, not say u are the one writing it. Today (20th March 2006) is the first day without u and i am already feeling something's amiss - where's my green tea? =( no green tea for today from rena and rest of the days here, no ur laughter...when i look out of my room, i saw an empty seat, an empty table, no sign of ur smell, voice nor laughter. I am looking forward to see you this sat at murugan's wedding to eat muthu curry!!! Yeah!! We can eat till we LS man ;P

Tue Mar 21, 12:28:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home