Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Buenos Propósitos de Año Nuevo

I love Spanish.. To me, Spanish sounded so smooth, slick and flowery..

So, to kickoff my first 2006 post for the Chinese New Year, I'm gonna have a ultra cool español title. Stylo milo siah!!!

Buenos Propósitos de Año Nuevo means New Year Resolution.

For me, a new year resolutions means a commitment that I'm making in a bid to change my lifestyle, for the better. Plans that I made are established for a regular short or medium-term time intervals.

Sounds pretty steady pom bi-bi and very promising right??

Ya right.. As if I have fulfilled all the past resolutions made so solemnly at that point in time! Every year, my resolutions revolves around the same unaccomplished stuff.
1) Lose weight (my bigga bigga priority)
2) Start to save money (my super bigga bigga priority!)
3) Take up language course (starting with Japanese, Spanish, Italian)
4) Book a date for advanced theory, take up driving lessons
5) Get a damn well-payed job in a damn good working environment and boss/superior recognise my effort.


But this year, after going through some stuff, I've changed my mindset and I only have ONE resolution now.

I want to work on my health and make my body stronger.

I only have one explantion for that.. So here goes :

On the second day of lunar new year, I discovered to my horror that 3 boils have surfaced on my body. The next day, the boils swelled rapidly, the circumference is almost the same as the size of a fist. My hubby was worried and with my approval, he started to squeeze the boils so the pus will come out. Well the pus did came out and he almost used up the entire box of tissue. The pus burst out from the swollen area and it was like never ending. I really got scared.

We thought that after the pus came out, things will turn for the better. Sadly, it didn't.
Couple of days later, I had a total of 10 boils on my body and had developed a fever by then. We decided that we had to seek a second opinion (previously I had seen a doctor for a suspected cysts on the back of my body) and made an appointment with the doctor who had many months ago removed the cysts on my knee.

The doctor after having seen my condition diagnosed that my skin resistance to virus or insect bites and my immunity system is extremely weak and needed immediate medical help. He prescribed antibiotics, anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling medicine for me to eat and antiseptic cum antibacterial wash for my skin. He warned me not to squeeze out any pus. I now know that the pus that flowed out was not from the skin abcess. The pus that flowed out was from the infected area collecting around the actual damaged tissue. It isn't making my condition better. This skin abscess can prevent deeper tissues from functioning properly. The infection can spread though my bloodstream and may cause severe complications.

At that moment, I was really sad and lost for words. I am already very depressed seeing all those boils on my body while staring at myself in the mirror. I looked utterly hideous.

The doctor seeing my facial expression comforted me and say all is not lost. If I really needed an operation after one week of medication and wash, he will cut and drain the abscess to clean the area and control the infection.I will also have to take Vitamin C and antibiotics and use prescribed wash for six months to build up my skin resistance and immunity system. I will also have to watch my diet and he encouraged me to do exercise like brisk walking as it will help greatly.

We chatted for a while more before I head for home with my one week supply of medicine. I felt torn to pieces and was on the verge of a breakdown. My health failing on me.


The next day, the Studygroup peeps came for CNY gathering. I told a couple of girlfriends about my condition and I really felt like crying but I hold back. At that point in time, I felt that things will get better after I get this thing out of my chest and it really did. As we were chatting about other stuff later, playing poker and in between, my mood lightened and I really didn't feel anymore depress. It's a good thing they came and rescue me from the abyss. Watching their shocked and comical expression when they tio tiang really make me laugh my heads off. (Sorry guys, I didn't mean to do this at the expense of your $$$ !) Thanks for the emotional comfort!

So, NOW, as I am posting this entry. I'm on the fifth day of my medicination. I went for brisk walks twice with my hubby and another couple who just lived few blocks away from me. (It really felt good to exercise! Damn!) I've watched my diet and eat many fruits. I've loaded my body with vitamin pills and drank plenty of water. The boils have reduced in size and I know my body is putting up a strong fight and battling against the virus. Also, my studygroup peeps have been giving me suggestions on fruits I should eat and how I should detox (even though some methods are utterly lame ass!) have really touched me a lot..

Without a good health, I won't even need to think of the other resolutions that I made in the past year. There isn't even a need to think how I am gonna enjoy my life and have a fulfilling lifestyle.

So my heartfelt and solemn resolution now is To Have a Good and Strong Health.

The desire and need to make this resolution a success is burning inside me. I'm fully confident to say that I know I won't play play or give up. This will be a long term resolution and I will prevail!

So, if you can, I need some emotional and mental support!!!! /bear hug

8 Comments:

Blogger Morte said...

Me taking care of her, just a matter of whether she listens or not. Knowing her, its quite often the latter, but I tried :p

Buck up your health, and lose some weight - both are good for you!

Good Health = better state of body to do stuff you want to do.

Ideal Weight = better health and greater ease to find nice clothes to wear!

Wed Feb 08, 09:25:00 pm  
Blogger elyxia said...

/bearhug wang wang. I hope the infection clears up soon! And if you need cheering up we're always there to provide fun and laughs :)

Oh, and if you're going for a healthy lifestyle PLEASE DON'T FOLLOW THOSE HEALTH TIPS I POSTED IN THE FORUM! :p

Wed Feb 08, 10:20:00 pm  
Blogger The Goonfather said...

Awwww...... =( I wish you best of health. And will chio the rest to play my new game of "In Between Shots". A game same as In Between, but the bet is on shots of alcohol. This will definitely cheer you up when someone tio tiang trying to sabo the player before. Hahahaa...... And all the studygroup in support to cheer Rena up, MUST PLAY. Else it only mean you are not supportive!! /sly

Thu Feb 09, 09:38:00 am  
Blogger The Goonfather said...

Awwww...... =( I wish you best of health. And will chio the rest to play my new game of "In Between Shots". A game same as In Between, but the bet is on shots of alcohol. This will definitely cheer you up when someone tio tiang trying to sabo the player before. Hahahaa...... And all the studygroup in support to cheer Rena up, MUST PLAY. Else it only mean you are not supportive!! /sly

Thu Feb 09, 09:38:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Rena! I didn't realise it was worse that what you described to us that night. *hug hug* Don't fret. We're all here to give you all the emotional and physical support you need! Perhaps we can organise some healthy lifestyle outings so we can all healthy lifestyle together! ;)

Thu Feb 09, 09:49:00 am  
Blogger Wang Wang said...

Morte : Ok hun, Moi will listen to you.

Elyxia : Thanks dear, when I need cheering up, I will make a BIG BIG post in the forum! Hahaha!!!
Though sometimes I may be sotong, I confirm won't follow the health tips one! Hahaha.

Silver : Get the rest up! I want to see the new game!!! Hahaha!!

QY : Thanks dear, I need some support keke! Yah, I do want to plan some HLS probably next week. Will update in the forum~

Thu Feb 09, 10:18:00 am  
Blogger Morte said...

actually can find 1 day we go canoeing or kayaking! I very long never go do this kind of cock thing liao! otherwise can do roller-blade or cycling (single!!!). if not, havnig a picnic by the beach actually very fun when we pot-luck, and play beach ball, frisby etc etc etc

Thu Feb 09, 05:25:00 pm  
Blogger vaaAAaal said...

jia you jia you!!!!!!!!

takie care and if ya need any company in any sports, count me in.... :)

Mon Feb 13, 02:30:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home